Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trying to figure out the High Speed Precision Package on a Fanuc 16M

Hi All,

We just got a couple of mint Niigata SPN63 from a sister facility. One with 16m and one with 16i control.

I'm trying to figure out what that High Speed "package" on 16m has.

In MDI:

G05P10000 gives alarm

G05.1Q1 gives alarm

G08P1 works

I programmed a test 10 inch dia circle and turned G08P1 The feedrate maxed out at 400 ipm. When I turn it off (G08P0) the feedrate goes all the way to 1200 ipm.

I'm surprised by the 400 ipm limit with the look ahead on. Even when I increase the circle diameter to 20 inches it still won't go faster.

I'm using all the available options on other machines, from simple G08p1 to HPCC, AICC and AI-NANO...But I'm trying to lean this machine.

It works opposite on Moris. Without look ahead the feedrate maxes out at under 200 ipm. With look ahead on it'll go to max of 2000 ipm.

The question is, is Niigata working the way it is supposed? Is there another code for high speed? Am I using it right? No help in any of the manuals that came with it.

TIA

Hi All,

We just got a couple of mint Niigata SPN63 from a sister facility. One with 16m and one with 16i control.

I'm trying to figure out what that High Speed "package" on 16m has.

In MDI:

G05P10000 gives alarm

You either do not have the option or you're not turning it on correctly.

G05.1Q1 gives alarm

More than likely you do not have the option. G5.1Q1 is not as finicky as HPCC with regard to how where/when it turns on.

G08P1 works

:yes:

I programmed a test 10 inch dia circle and turned G08P1 The feedrate maxed out at 400 ipm. When I turn it off (G08P0) the feedrate goes all the way to 1200 ipm.

I'm surprised by the 400 ipm limit with the look ahead on. Even when I increase the circle diameter to 20 inches it still won't go faster.

Don't be surprised. There is a feed limit set by parameter in the various High Speed Modes. G8P1 just so happens to be the weakest of all the high speed modes as it has the least amount of setting that govern it's performance.

I'm using all the available options on other machines, from simple G08p1 to HPCC, AICC and AI-NANO...But I'm trying to lean this machine.

How things turn on and off sometimes is builder dependant. I worked on a Feeler once that required G8P1 to be active BEFORE it would activate HPCC. It's the ONLY time I've ever seen that requirement. I've used the option on Matsuuras, Toyodas and Mori Seikis.

It works opposite on Moris. Without look ahead the feedrate maxes out at under 200 ipm. With look ahead on it'll go to max of 2000 ipm.

That is how Mori chose to protect the machine. They didn't want it banging around without look-ahead on.

The question is, is Niigata working the way it is supposed? Is there another code for high speed? Am I using it right? No help in any of the manuals that came with it.

Probably. Each builder is different. FANUC gives a basic framework to obey, other then that, it's up to the builder.