Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc hi speed options

JMahon

What options are yall using when surfacing with small (.020") ball mills?

I have a hard time understanding the fanuc books.

I'm running production at the moment so I can't tinker with it but I would like to speed this thing up a little if possible.

It's a 31i B5.

Diameter of E/M is irrelevant to the discussion. The type of machining you're doing however certainly is. If you're doing intricate mold-type work, you'll want to be running AI-NANO II with 600 Block Look-Ahead minimum if possible. Bell-Shape Acc/Dec and Jerk Control. That will get you started. Depending on the machine builder, it may be one code to turn everything on (like Matsuura's G131 with the appropriate argument M, F, P, D, or R) or iit could be a bare control meaning you'll need to (usually) command G5.1Q1 on one line and G5.1 Q3 on the following line. Just depends.

HTH

Our Fanuc's (on Kitamura horizontals and a Quaser vertical) take G5.1 Q1 R(N) to turn on, where N is an integer from 1 (faster and sloppier) to 10 (slower and more accurate).  G5.1 Q0 to turn off.  The main thing this function does is slow down in corners and smooth acceleration to improve accuracy and reduce banging the machine around.  It will increase cycle times on its own, but it may allow you to increase your programmed feed rate or alter your technique to a faster one.

So I tried just adding G05.1Q1R1 and didn't notice any difference. That was with .0002" tolerance and 10/80/10.

Went to try .0001" with arc filter off but can't figure out how to read off the card on this control.

I've done it on an older control a few years ago but that's not working.

Back to the yellow book!

Guest MTB Technical Services

So I tried just adding G05.1Q1R1 and didn't notice any difference. That was with .0002" tolerance and 10/80/10.

Went to try .0001" with arc filter off but can't figure out how to read off the card on this control.

I've done it on an older control a few years ago but that's not working.

Back to the yellow book!

I/O Channel 4

M198 Pxxxx where Pxxxx is actually the Oxxxx file name.