Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Hours on Fanuc 21i

ToolMan184

Where can I find "ACTUAL" hours on a machine with a Fanuc 21i control? I have been looking at a 2005 machine that says it has 900 operating hours and 291 cutting hours on it. I know this isnt correct by the looks of it. Is parameter 6750-6754 the only place the hours are logged? I guess anyone can change the time in these parameters or it can be reset if the sram is reloaded. I think I pi**ed the seller off when I told him he was FOS if he thought I believed it had those hours on it.

Guest MTB Technical Services

Check Variable #3002.

The increment is HOURS and will be reset to 0 after reaching 9544.

Or

#3012 (Current hour, minute, and second)

Guest MTB Technical Services

On the 18TB and the 31i one can edit the cutting hours and run time hours but you cannot edit the power on hours . Does the machine show how many hours it's been powered up for ?? 

Power on CAN be zeroed out.

However, it isn't designed to be accessed like cutting hours and run-time hours.

@MTB 

Very valid point,   I'm sure if someone knows the parameter access codes they could easily alter the actual machine hours  , rolling the odometer on old cars was a common trick for used cars salesman , no doubt it could be used for selling machines and the likes .

As for the machines ours all state time as hours and minutes for machine on time and the cutting time  etc. is hours , minutes , seconds .