Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Matsuura Broken tool sensor / measuring device

Morning,

I have a MAM72 with BTS but no book, no examples, no instructions.

Does anyone here use a tool checker on a matsuura who can share the "G65" arguments I need to specify to make it work?

The sub routines are all there, I can see them, but I'm not sure what I need to include in the G65 call

Thanks,

Jay

Yes. It's a MAM72-3VS

Yeah. I have a good understanding of the macro programming, I'm just hoping to get some info rather than have to go by trial and error.

Our local applications guys are all preparing for a tool show, so support is limited right now!

I'll figure it out eventually!

Jay

You can probably get the manual e-mailed to you. Just contact Matsuura USA in Minnesota. Ask for Applications Engineering. In the mean time;

G65 P9301 T*** D*** E*** M1. U*** V*** (TOOL BREAK CHECK)

T = Tool Number (optional)

D = Tolerance ( if omitted I believe it's set to .5mm - don't quote me)

E = Feed Rate

M1 = Automatic mode (broken tool initiates pallet change sequence and kills tool) M0 stops the machine

U = X shift

V = Y shift

G65P9030 T*** U*** V*** E*** (TOOL MEASURE)

T = Tool Number (optional)

E = Feed Rate

U = X shift

V = Y shift

HTH

Thanks Foghorn, I was trying to remember that.  G65P9303 for the measure if I remember correctly, right?  It's been a few years since I last saw one of those.

Yes, 9303 is for measure. :yes:

In my mind it should be 9301 because you measure before you check to see if its' broken but, that's the Japanese way... Left is right, right is left. :yes:

Hi, I have been playing around with the sensor (O9303, measure program) and just though I'd add my findings.

In addition to what was previously mentioned, you also need to specify;

R= initial, rapid positioning(in incremental)

Z= measuring distance for tool(also incremental)

H= Comp number to update.

I've also discovered that the measured value changes like crazy based on the feedrate you choose.

I assume that once you pick a feedrate and calibrate the sensor, you MUST continue to use the same feedrate, right?

Any insight on what a good feedrate is?

Jay

Always use the same federate on those.  The best way is to temporarily lock out the feedrate override when coming down on the sensor to get more consistent results.  Oh, and a slow feedrate is a good feedrate.  There is a delay of the switch triggering and the control processing in which speed effects.  The slower you're moving when triggering the smaller the deviation you will have.  I believe the delay is set in the keep relays... but you probably don't want to touch that.

Hi, I have been playing around with the sensor (O9303, measure program) and just though I'd add my findings.

In addition to what was previously mentioned, you also need to specify;

R= initial, rapid positioning(in incremental)

Z= measuring distance for tool(also incremental)

H= Comp number to update.

I've also discovered that the measured value changes like crazy based on the feedrate you choose.

I assume that once you pick a feedrate and calibrate the sensor, you MUST continue to use the same feedrate, right?

Any insight on what a good feedrate is?

Jay

You can use H#517.

Feeds... yeah, they can vary (one of the drawbacks to touch style). I usually pick a feed and always use it. 40IPM (or 39.37 if you want to really get technical) works ok for tools down to about 1mm.