Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stagetool/stumped again

okay, working with mpmaster for the x5.

stagetool   : 1     #0 = Do not pre-stage tools, 1 = Stage tools

good, that is set in place. But I post the code and the tool is not staged... so I looked over the code and can't seem to find a place where it is actually staging the tool.

there is this:

ptlchg_com

if stagetool >= zero,
        [
        if omitseq$ = 1 & tseqno > 0,
          [
          if tseqno = 2, n$ = t$
          pbld, *n$, *t$, "M06", ptoolcomm, e$
          ]
        else, pbld, n$, *t$, "M06", ptoolcomm, e$
        ]

but that is just outputting the tool and the M6.

I don't see it any where else that would do any thing... what am I missing?

This setting has been moved over to the Control Definition, and is activated with a Check Box on the "Tool" page.

The reason you don't see it working is because of the Initialization process for Mastercam Posts. First, the PST file is read by MP, and a list of variables is built, and an instruction list created from the PST logic. Then, the Control Definition is read, and variables are re-initialized, meaning the CD will override their values.

So that is what is happening to you. You are making a setting inside the Post file, but the CD overrides your setting...

Just change it inside the CD, and you should be good to go. Just remember to set the CD Default Settings, otherwise you will loose the setting the next time you update Mastercam to a new version...

LOL.... just when I was going to ask about this....   Colin, thanks!   That helped and it worked wonders.

I've been trying to edit the post file on my own to get it to work the way I want it to work and with that post above, I'm happy to say I've accomplished getting it to 90%     =D

I've edited the Generic HAAS 3x post file so.

Now to maybe make a new post here lol