Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to set "max" parameter adjustment value - Fanuc Oi Control

Hey Everyone,

Is there a setting on the Fanuc Oi Control that can control the value of a change to a parameter? On a Haas, Setting 142 can be used to output a warning message, and will force the operator to "acknowledge" the warning, and press "Y" to allow the change.

A little background; we had an operator "fat finger" a tool adjustment into the Diameter Offset value. They typed in ".01" instead of ".001". I am hoping there is a parameter on the machine that I can set that would allow us to restrict the amount of adjustment allowed. So on critical features, I'd like to be able to set the "Max Adjustment" to a range of +- .002. That way if the adjustment they enter is out of the range, the machine would give them a warning. (Ideally, it would alarm out, and not allow the adjustment without getting permission from a supervisor, or one of our programmers.)

If a parameter like this is available, it would also be handy to be able to adjust the value "on-the-fly", using a G10 line.

Anyone know if this is possible on a Fanuc Oi Control? The control is from '08 or '09, so it is relatively "new".

If there is not a parameter available to control this, I would consider writing some Macro Logic to record all of the Length/Diameter offset values being used at the start of a program, and store the values in Common Variables. (#500 - #999). I would then set Parameters 6031 and 6032 to set the range of variables that are "Read Only".

At each tool change, I would compare the current values of the Length/Diameter offset values to the values stored in the Common Variables +- the adjustment range allowed. That way I could set the range of allowed adjustment "programmatically"...

• Like 1