Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

peck cycle

SVO

I was wondering how to utilize the "first peck", and "subsequent peck" in ver 8.1. What I mean is how is the post setup, and what does the code look like after posting.

Will be sending to various fanuc controls. I didn't see any info in the fanuc manuals. Is this a funuc option?

Any info would be great....Thank you

Most Fanuc controllers are capable of doing what they call 'Reduced Peck' cycles. What it does is allow you to specify an initial depth for the first peck, I.3, then reduce the amount of each peck by J.05, until you reach a peck depth of K.075, then it finishes the hole at .075 pecks. Great for deep holes like water lines etc. Some controllers might use something like V-.3 for the first peck, then Q.1 for the remaining pecks. (Ok, but not as good as Fanuc)

Fanuc style peck cycle:

G83 G99 Z-2.5 I.3 J.05 K.075 R0.05 F8.

Another varient (Milltronics)

G83 G99 Z-2.5 V-.3 Q.1 R0.05 F8.

Rekd

[This message has been edited by Rekd (edited 04-10-2001).]