Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dwell times

Heya guys...

quick question:

Is there a formula that I can input into the post file that converts a dwell time of P100. to P.1?

So far, we've been having to convert that little number in the tool parameters and I was hoping there was a shortcut somewhere that would actually make this work?

-JD

Sorry, that struck me as humorous. I find things funny that I often shouldn't. It's a fault that has got me in trouble plenty.

I'm learning mcam and have been helped a great deal as well. Seriously wish you the best.

Give me some credit tho, that was funny. You asked for a formula and got it.

Well... for my 100th post....

Good luck with Mcam!   It can be a pain sometimes.    Then again, this place is basically why I come here for all sorts of help n advice =D

Most of the times, I get awesome answers =)

Heck i spent 6 hours on a saturday experimenting with post processors at home till the point where I just gave up after trying so hard to understand how it works and what does what.  It actually helps to understand some of that in case you need it.  =)

Those 6 hours paid off today at work when I decided on a whim to test out if our HAAS VF-6 can actually run g94 and g95 - which to my surprise it can so, my hopefulness shot way up since i renamed a Doosan post and control file over to the HAAS and well... they both are very identical with the exception of M29 and G13, so I made minor corrections and applied JParis' formula and wow.... life just got so much easier.

I did a simulation on the new program first to see if any alarms appeared, then I dry ran the program off the side... then cut the part last.  I'm happy to say it worked.

So now... theres 5 years worth of HAAS programs >.< that need converted into the new format, then again... that is a small price to pay in the long run.

Merry Milling!

-JD