Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

stock to leave

gmenzies

upgraded to 8.1 a few months ago .

used uptxt for my post. when i do a surface tool path . my code outputs a stock to leave

in brackets . nice addition.

but if i tie in a roughing routine with a finish routine. and the roughing leaves .020"

for finishing. and i post out the code. i get the stock left on the roughing .020"

but the finish toolpath also adds the same line and says stock to leave .020" even though i programed .00" to leave.

this is probly a post issue. and haveing read

the bug forum . i would like to try and see if i can resolve this myself. where would one look for comments out-put in the post ?

thanks

Gmenzies, it looks like you need to look for "pstock" in the post. I tried what you did using the mpmaster post and it worked fine, outputing the rough stock amount and the finish stock amount. Try setting your Fastmode switch to no, this will output the line# in the post or the part of the post that output the comments etc. What post are you using?

Ambassador

[This message has been edited by Ambassador (edited 04-14-2001).]

my post is for a fadal that has been worked on by inhouse (Dave). lots of small refinements. i will have to look on monday

at work which one was modified.

most recently inhouse upgraded it to work with subs. my code has been reduced substantialy. it did cost our company a fee

for this upgrade. but worth every penny.

biggrin.gif

Gord - I've seen this once before at the beginning of March and reported it to CNC Software. It relates to how additional toolpath parameters - like stock left - are stored (NCI vs. OPS file) and the version of Mp.dll used. Although evidenced by using the post, it is not a bug in the post itself. If you want to send over your part, it will add some addition evidence and weight to my claim from March.

OK - Mpparam.dll is responsible for grabbing parameters from the .ops file created with the post. You must ensure that your copy of Mpparam.dll is dated 12/18/2000 when using Mp V8.10r. I believe an older version of Mpparam was installed to the Chooks dir by V8.0 or one of our patch files. I think V8.1 places an updated file in the root Mcam8 dir. You should remove the older dated version, or copy the new version to your C-Hooks dir.