Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mori Seiki Lathe post issue

MSL

Hi,

I'm trying to take the M45 out from my turning operation. This happens right after a milling operation on our Mori Seiki lathe. I started my post with Generic Fanuc 4x MT Lathe post.

M45= C axis active

(1/8 SPOTDRILL)

( C-AXIS SPOT DRILL )

G20

M69

G98 M45

G28 H0.

G0 T0101

G19

G0 G54 X.6027 Z-.0787

C0.

M8

G97 S3000 M13

G87 X.4987 R0. Q50 F1. M68

C60. Q50

C120. Q50

G80 M69

M9

G30 U0. W0. H0.

M5

T0100

M01

N110

( OPERATION: 6 )

(TOOL - 5 OFFSET - 5)

(ID ROUGH MIN. .25 DIA. - 75 DEG.  INSERT - NONE)

( ROUGH ID )

M69

G99 M46

G0 T0505

G18

M45.........................................................Need to take this line out

G97 S700 M3

G0 G54 X.4506 Z.2 M8

G1 Z.1 F.0025

Z-.4727

G1 X.429 Z-.2628

G0 Z.03

M9

G30 U0. W0.

M5

T0500

M46

M30

%

Thank you.

Hi Ara,

It looks like you added the "M45" into your post. Did you use the existing "C Axis mode" variables?

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------
# C axis mode
sm23    : "M23"      #C axis enable
sm24    : "M24"      #C axis disable

If yes, then the 'sm23' and 'sm24' variables are used to enable/disable C-Axis mode.

These codes are output using conditional logic from these two post blocks:

pcaxis_off_l

pcaxis_on_m

The main variable that is tested (and you can use as you see fit), is 'posttype$'. This variable is "2" when Lathe is active, and "not 2", when Milling. The 'posttype$' variable is "updated" (!posttype$) at the end of the 'ptoolend$' post block. That means inside of any of the "Tool Change or Null Tool Change" post blocks, you can test the previous (prv_) value of the variable, to see what the "last" mode you were in, and output the C-Axis enable/disable, based on the current/last values of 'posttype$'.

A simple line of logic for testing Lathe mode, when previous was Milling:

if posttype$ = two & prv_posttype$ <> two, *sm24 #Deactivate Mill Mode, if prv_ was active

That line above could be added to the 'ltlchg$' and 'ltlchg0$' post blocks, or you could modify 'pcaxis_off_l', and leave the existing structure in place.

The same for testing Mill mode, when previous was Lathe:

if posttype$ <> two & prv_posttype$ = two, *sm24 #Activate Mill Mode, if lathe prv_ was active

That line above could be added to the 'mtlchg$' and 'mtlchg0$' post blocks, or you could modify 'pcaxis_on_m', and leave the existing structure in place.

Hope that helps,

Hi Colin,

Correction, the post is a Mori post from post installation folder and yes it's using C axis  mode. I couldn't fix it today but I will spend more time tomorrow.

Thank you for your help.

# C-Axis Engagement (Main spindle)

sm45_1    : "M46"      #C-Axis Free (Lathe)

sm46_1    : "M45"      #C-Axis Engaged (Mill)

scaxis_engage1  : ""  #Target string