Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

rasmond

Using mastercam ver 9.0,Mpfan post,after post always got this nc code :

N3 G0 G90 G54 X391.485 Y-82.407 A0.S2464M3

N4 G43 H1 Z5.M8

How did this A0 come from & how to remove this,

If I used the mpsubrep post it gave this correct post that I want:

N1 T1 M06 (FACEMILL DIA 125)

N2 (MAX | Z5.)

N3 (MIN | Z-.5)

N4 G00 G90 G54 X237. Y-42. S700 M03

N5 G43 H1 Z5. M08

Without the A0

Pls Help

Change the answer to numbered question 164 to 'no' and change your rotary axis settings to reflect the fact that you do not have a 4th axis

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Rotary Axis Settings

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

vmc : 1 #0 = Horizontal Machine, 1 = Vertical Mill

rot_on_x : 0 #Default Rotary Axis Orientation, See ques. 164.

#0 = Off, 1 = About X, 2 = About Y, 3 = About Z

C

[ 01-02-2004, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Thank you very much , all the Expert down here, I really appreciated , Solved my problem. If not got to post & edit the nc files to removed the A0, very tedious if I ,ve 20 tools. using fanauc system, they cannot read T1 M6 there will be an alarms, only have to edit it to

T1 OR T1

M6 M06

Thank You , If U can Teach me , How to Change it to T1 NEXT LINE M06. WOULD BE REALLY appreciated.

Change this:

if stagetool >= zero, pbld, n, *t, "M6", e

to this:

if stagetool >= zero, # Toolchange altered to 2 lines (cdm)

[

pbld, n, *t, e

pbld, n, "M06", e

]

in the start-of-file [psof] subroutine

and then change this:

pbld, n, *t, "M6", e

to this:

pbld, n, *t, e

pbld, n, "M6", e

in the toolchange [ptlchg] subroutine

C

[ 01-02-2004, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: chris m ]

This is the ist one correct can change to

T1

M06

pcom_moveb

c_mmlt #Multiple tool subprogram call

ptoolcomment

comment

pcan

if stagetool >= zero,

[

pbld, n, *t, e

pbld, n, "M06", e

]

pindex

if mi1 > one, absinc = zero

pcan1, pbld, n, *sgcode, *sgabsinc, pwcs, pfxout, pfyout,

pfcout, *speed, *spindle, pgear,

The 2nd tool cannot , below is the pst text tat I alter for the second line which gave me the

T2

T2M06

Thank you again for your quick response, & now s'pore time is 3.38 am, everybody is still asleep. wat is the time your place.

Thousand apology for bordering you , still waiting for your reply, if not cannot sleep until the problem solved.

Sorry, I am not understanding your last response about the T2 problem. My ptlchg sub looks like this:

ptlchg #Tool change

pcuttype

toolchng = one

ptoolcomment #Moved up from below (cdm)

comment #Moved up from below (cdm)

pcan #Moved up from below (cdm)

pbld, n, *sgcode, *sgplane, "G40", "G49", "G80", *sgabsinc, "G94", "G98", e # Added (cdm)

if mi1 = one, #Work coordinate system

[

pfbld, n, *sg28ref, "X0.", "Y0.", e

pfbld, n, "G92", *xh, *yh, *zh, e

]

# pbld, n, "M01", e

pcom_moveb

c_mmlt #Multiple tool subprogram call

# ptoolcomment

# comment

# pcan

result = newfs(15, feed) #Reset the output format for 'feed'

# Toolchange altered to 3 lines (cdm)

pbld, n, "G111", e

pbld, n, *t, e

pbld, n, "M06", e

pindex

sav_absinc = absinc

if mi1 > one, absinc = zero

pcan1, pbld, n, sgcode, *sgabsinc, pwcs, pfxout, pfyout, #Removed * from sgcode (cdm)

pfcout, *speed, *spindle, next_tool, pgear, strcantext, e #Added next_tool (cdm)

pbld, n, "G43", *tlngno, pfzout, scoolant, e #Removed next_tool (cdm)

absinc = sav_absinc

pcom_movea

toolchng = zero

c_msng #Single tool subprogram call

and works perfectly for my machine. I have a 3-line toolchange:

G111

T02

M06

because my machine requires the G111 preparatory code.

You should be able to modify ptlchg to give you

T02

M06

by doing what I showed in my earlier post, just make sure that the *t word is only on one line and it should work.

C

very sorry follow your changed in the post is correct, I can get both T1,M06 & T2, M06 in 2 lines . I forget to exit my cam after the changed.start again it really post correctly.Thank you Chris, Actually I learn from mastercam from ver 5.0 running in windows 3.11. All on the very basic drawing, toolpath, mostly 2D , because it never support subprogram, so i move on to ver 9.0. Read alot in this forum , fantasty pick up alot of tips down here.

I ,m working as a cnc milling , our joB is quite plain , drilling , step, width , length , round. Only the material are quite hard easy to chip off, chrome, nickel , cobalt ,titanium etc.

what are u working as chris, is there anyway to correspond with you, talk to you in the net .

I hope to corespond with you, maybe we can try the net using the new beta softwares call skype. which you will be able to talk to me thru the microphone & we can heard it other voice. Thank for the help Chris. Really appreciated,even it is a very small problem, cause I,m still learning cam & I,m learning the hard way,One of my junior colleage which he is good in drawing, toolpath etc.using ver 5.0 , he is not good at troubleshooting , whenever he post a nc text, always got to edit those addition text,G92x0y0 , need to key the G54 for every tools, that not the correct way. you know we asian pple don,t like to share their knowledge, so you know I got to learn the hard ways. If he is on leave, i got to used manual pgm to do my work, cause nobody knows how to do . Tht not the ways,.

good bye.

Sorry I didn't get back on this sooner, I was off on Friday and just popped on for a sec and answered. The new job is going well, CNC is a tremendous company to work for and they have a boat load of really talented people working here. One thing I can say is that it is very humbling to come into a company like this and to realise that you really know nothing in the big scheme of things.

Oh, and BTW, ver. X looks really really good. I am quite sure that everyone is going to be very impressed with it.

quote:

One thing I can say is that it is very humbling to come into a company like this and to realise that you really know nothing in the big scheme of things

This is toooo easy, so insert your own rips here:

C

Chris teh You needed a new job to figure that out? tongue.gif

Ripping me for stating the obvious wouldn't be very sportsmanlike now would it? tongue.gif

My point was not that I feel inadequate or anything, it was more to the point that there are a lot of extremely brilliant people in this company that I feel would impress any new comers. You don't think the code in Mastercam gets written by itself do you?