Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

inner diameter pattern turning

cbbhany

hi,

i traied to use pattern cycle for id path but it cut the finish path first and then it moves to the center to the part to take the next path (cutting air)  is it possible to use the pattern turning  cycle  with id tool path ? and what changes I need to make to make the tool cut from small dia to big dia?

thanks

I've got a few questions:

There is a metric machine loaded, but part file is in inch.

Are you cutting a 24" part or a 24mm part?

There is no stock defined in the file; when doing ID work this is a must (that is how Mastercam knows how to retract from part...not thru part)

The pattern repeat cycle G73 is no different than using multiple passes in a finishing toolpath other than the code output, so unless you really want the G73 output I would just use a finish toolpath and set the number of cuts.

To cut from small diameter to large...chain the geometry opposite to what you currently have.

Allan

id pattern.mcx-9