Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Level Names in Level Manager

Maybe this has been covered but could not find anything. Just starting to use X9 more constantly and I am finding this a problem for me. When importing a file here (name.X_T) the level names populate with (filename (1), Filename (2), Filename (3)) and so on. I used to get no level names and would prefer it that way. This way I can weed out the useful parts I want by going into the level manager use the select tool to grab a solid then it goes back to the level manager with the level that solid is on and I can name it appropriately. After a few are done I can turn to change the list to by named only and I can see which levels are important to me. I was thinking I could write a VB Script to delete them all upon opening the file then I can go about my business as usual. unfortunately I suck at programming, computer programming that is. Any help?

Please,

Chad

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Roger, I didn't realize anyone had responded. Yes. I used to be able to import a file and open level manager and select a level by an object. Then I could rename only the objects I care about then show only levels that are named. Now be default all levels that import containing an object are named all ready. And the level set name doesn't matter to me. ( they are blank)

I can open an assembly sometimes containing over 500 parts each on its own level with out a level name pre assigned I can select the detail I want to see, find out what level they are on and name that level. then show only named levels in the level manager and it will narrow down the list to only the select few I am interested in. I hope I am describing this so it can be understood.

Thanks!

Chad

I think I got it. Yeah!!!! I suck at programming, tried to understand it but I guess English is all I know! I copied (I think) a purge VB script, Thanks to whom ever wrote that! I know it is simple but it took me a while to get what it was doing. Anybody interested this is what I used.

Const DEF_GIVE_ME_EVERYTHING = -1

' -- Start Script

Call Main()

' ////////////////////

' Sub Declaration

' ////////////////////

Sub Main()  

Dim bRet

' This selects all "visible" entities ****(Find all Named Levels)

SelectAll

' Run through the database looking for selected entities

bRet = StartDBSearch(mc_selected, DEF_GIVE_ME_EVERYTHING)

If bRet Then

Do

' Change the level on each "selected" entity that we find.

Call SetLevelName(GetEntityLevel(), "")

bRet = NextDBSearch   

Loop While bRet 

End If

UnselectAll

End Sub

You could've just imported level names from a .csv file that had 1000 (or whatever you need) levels named nothing. That .csv file can be created in Excel in a matter of seconds. A level named nothing will overwrite the current name.