Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4axis Toolpaths with Wire EDM

jmk021083

I'm new to the Wire portion of X9 and messing around with something.  I want to do a 4axis toolpath but not in a closed loop.  I try and do a partial loop and it gives me errors.  Is there a good place to learn how the toolpathing works?  There isn't much on Youtube.

• Like 1

Select wire start point and XY geometry then cut point. Then select UV geometry and sync them by entity if same number in top and bottom. If not you will need to sync by Branch point by creating connecting line to top and bottom.

What is a cut point?  I am doing some of my first EDM programming.  I somewhat understand how the EDM works but not the little things a person needs should know to work it into mastercam.  I watched every YouTube video on Wire that seamed relevant but didn't get a lot.  Just enough to get started.  I was hoping there were some better training videos out there that didn't come at a price.

What is a cut point?  I am doing some of my first EDM programming.  I somewhat understand how the EDM works but not the little things a person needs should know to work it into mastercam.  I watched every YouTube video on Wire that seamed relevant but didn't get a lot.  Just enough to get started.  I was hoping there were some better training videos out there that didn't come at a price.

Daniel on here should have some wire edm training videos

• 3 weeks later...