Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak variaxis i600 - g54.4

Hi all,

I am new to mazak matrix 2 controllers. I am trying to use G54.4 (dynamic work offset compensation). The goal would be to define a work offset in G54. This would be a location on the corner of the raw material relative to the center of rotation of the machine (G55). To machine the first part on the table I would call G54.4 P1. I would then like to use G54.4 P2 to machine the 2nd part on the table. If I wanted to rotate the table 180 degrees to machine the 2nd part, where should the work offset be for the 2nd part and where do I put the value for 180 degrees in the G54.4 P2 offset.

I have done several tests on the machine and it does not seem to be taking into accout the 180 degree rotation for the 2nd part....?

I tried putting the value of 180 in both the C and delta C location in the G54.4 P2 and the machine does rotate the c axis 180 degrees when performing machining for 2nd part. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

• Like 2

I might be wrong about this in the context of your machine.

But with DWO you don't need to enter C angles in the workoffsets table... You don't use it as a regular workoffset schema, where your have distinct XYZABC values for each workoffset.

With DWO you set, for example, G54, with the machine rotary axes in their home positions (0) and the XYZ where it is supposed to be with the rotaries at 0. You do it the same way you would without a DWO option in the control.

In the program you call a single workoffset, moves the table/part like you want and call a DWO command to update the zero location. You don't have to call multiple workoffsets (54,55,56,etc) for each ABC combination.

It might be slightly different than what I put tough.

In my experience G54 G55 etc will be center of rotation. then the G54.4 P1...P6 will be the deviation vector from center of rotation. In your application you will want to set G54 and G55 to center of rotation. Then, the part on C0 will be G54.4P1 and the part at C180 will be G54.4P2.

However, in your application I would highly recommend G68.2 for multiple parts. then you don't even need G54.4 at all. The deviation vector is handled entirely by the controls and you can put 100 parts on the table or 4 parts on 4 sides of a tombstone and probe individually as if your working in a 3 axis vmc.

If your interested I could send you a sample or two from a variaxis and some output. It'd take a few days as I no longer program a variaxis but I can dig around and find some of exactly what you want or you could send me your file with your tool paths and I'll post it with my post and you can see the output.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...