Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Manager's Manufacturer Name Gone

Camelot

Now, I know that 2017 finally has the option to add a manufacturer name that isn't in their playlist, but when I open and edit a tool in 2017 that I have made in X9, the manufacturer's name is gone.  Even when I re-input the name, save, go out of tool manager and come back in, it's not there.  It doesn't "stick".  But if I create the tool again in 2017, then its all good.  Sigh!!!  Can this be fixed?  If not, all the 1000's of tools I've made will have no more manufacturer name.  Anyone else have this problem?    

I was mistaken. The tool grade does stick when I create the tool in 2017. But when I edit a tool that was created in X9 and put in the tool grade, it doesn't stick.

If yours works JParis, what am I doing wrong?

This to me "sounds" like you might be pointing back to your X9 library......if your library was properly updated it should be in the 

C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2017

Folder

Beyond, not sure, but I create all of my tools on the flt, within the operation, the save them to my library.....I have, to this point, no issues with that information remaining correct