Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C axis wind up

Can I ask why do you want to prevent this? This can cause some issues. For example, if you're at 350 deg, and want to take the long way around to 10 deg, how would the machine know which way to go?  With wind up, it's never a problem

But, that being said, in the control definition there is a section under the c-axis that looks like this.

post-1192-0-93572300-1478041443_thumb.jpg

Or there is a section in the post that looks similar to this;

sang_output  : 0     #Angle output options, secondary
                     #0 = Normal angle output
                     #1 = Signed absolute output, 0 - 360
                     #2 = Implied shortest direction absolute output, 0 - 360

The way our machine is set up a C360 command when at C0 will do nothing. I have to give it an incremental move of H360. Because I can't reset the C from tool to tool. There is no option in the Fanuc and no option in Mcam to unwind it (that I am aware of). It keeps winding up and up from tool to tool so that when I started at C0 I'm now wound up a few turns and its difficult to know where I am with out backing the moves out mathematically.

Idealistically, being able to switch the C axis only to incremental would be my favored route.

I did look at those setting in the MD file but I'd rather not make it global. Would much prefer to have these control options in the Rotary Axis Control dialog in the operations panels.

I had an old Cincinnati I made a macro to track it and unwind it. I added it to my post to call as a subprogram and out put it at every retract.

you gotta do a little trickery to track c but the unwind is easy.

I'll dig in to see if I can find it.