Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Modding MPMASTER x8 for my Hurco

Like it says above. My hurco runs in isnc, and I've got 99% of what I want with a mildly modded version of the MPMASTER post for X8. I'm having trouble with the following:

in the control def manager, under tool, at the tool offset registers I put "30" in the "add to tool" and diameter column, and it doesn't change my D call out. This machine does not have a separate D column in the offsets page, so I add 30 to my tool number(it only has 24 stations). If the post can handle this for me I'd like it to. I really don't want to open a program that was run on machine x, and forget to manually change my D offsets after I change the post because now we're running that part in the Hurco.

I would also love to figure a way to have to post spit out a Y axis move at the end that brings the table forward. The G28 home for this machine is all the way to right, and to the rear of machine.

TIA

The +30 offset setting is handled in the Mastercam Operations. It means when you select a tool, it will automatically add +30 to the diameter offset in the Operation Dialog. If the operation was already created, it will not automatically change the value, unless you reselect the tool.

Since you are going to be swapping programs among your machines, I'd recommend doing this differently. Set the option in the CD back to +0, +0. That way your programs are compatible with all machines.

Then, go to the top of your post, and add a new Global Formula:

tloffno$ = t$ + 30

That will force all your diameter offsets in this post to have 30 added to the offset number, at the time of posting.

For the Y move, go to 'pretract' and look for the 'if gcode$ = 1003' line. It might be commented out. Remove the # character if present, and make your edits there...

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Yeah, the Global Formula in the Post will override the output, just before the NC data is written to the NC File. This can throw you off sometimes, because the Operation in Mastercam doesn't show the "+30", but it will output, when you have Comp turned on. As you discovered, it has to be "enabled" at the Operation level before you'll see the "D" value in the NC Code...