Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas control box and indexer mix and match?

I've recently acquired two old red Haas HA5C indexers and 3 control boxes of the same vintage, around '95 to '96.  Brushed 17 pin connectors.

Is there any danger in hooking these boxes up to any HA5C, or even an HRT to see if they work?  Two of them do say HA5C on the bottom of the box, but one says "HT2S" or something?

Thanks,

Chris

If they plug in it should work for the indexers. The indexers have to be brushed. It wont work with the new stuff as far as I know.

You can hook them up(the box) to a "M" code for a machine signal. Or run independent.

Got a manual? May need to call Haas to see if they can get one. Also write the serial # down for the box and the indexers.

Been a long time since I used one. At that time all the rotaries would work off the box.

They really work nice on a manual machine.

• Like 1

I don't know if you need the Fanuc Macro B option for your machine to DPRNT.  If it will DPRNT, you'd just set up your post to output the DPRNT command around the rotary move.  You'd also want a suitable dwell to wait for the index to finish.  Then there's some configuration on the indexer controller to make it listen.

• Like 1