Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FLOWLINE CUT

J.Taylor

Hello all!

I am having trouble coming up with a tool path that cuts a radius around the base of a "snowman" shaped post. The problem is the radius has some irregularities in a few areas as it goes around the post. In the past I have used flowline to finish a radius without the irregularities with good success. Now when I try the flowline cut, I get the "select surfaces do not form a row" message. Is there possibly another type of cut I should be trying, or maybe something in the flowline cut I am missing? Any suggestions???

Thanks,

J.Taylor

Mill level 3, ver 8.1

Thanks for all the reply's. My reseller showed me the appropriate cut for this particular part. Scallop was the cut that I should have been using. For further reference I have been trying to figure out how to use the ftp site. I have the software, but I cannot get connected when I type ftp.emastercam.com/incoming. When I type just ftp.emastercam.com I am connected with the site, but it prompts me for a password.

confused.gif

Thanks again,

J.T.

Plenty of freeware FTP software out there - www.tucows.com for instance.

You should have the option for an anonymous login in the FTP software. Or you could set your username to 'anonymous' and supply your email as a password. Once on the ftp site, browse to the incoming dir. You will have rights to upload only to that directory.

if you want the 30day trial of cute ftp vary good and cheap price wise.

just go to www.ppcadcam.com then to the links page and there you will find under Ground Support the link for the cutftp and other from globle.

hope this helps.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com