Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Is every operation in Mastercam a hook?

Is every operation in Mastercam created using the C-hook (or NET-hook) interface or are they built statically into the executable? I'm just trying to get a grasp of how customizable Mastercam is. I have Visual Studio 2013 and am slowly trying to allocate some time to learning this side of Mastercam. 

I don't suppose you can customize everything, but how about these:

- Change the appearance of the operation tree

- Add items to the right click menu of the operation tree

- Create a new toolpath called "create line using midpoint" (I REALLY NEED THIS!!!)

- Add some text and images for extra information about the job and store it directly into the mcam file

- Where can I find 3rd party hooks?

Thanks.

Both Verisurf and RobotMaster are built as 3rd Party applications, and they customize a ton of the interface. The C Hook interface is going to give you more access to the entire interface. You'll be able to edit everything you could possibly need. It might not be exactly as you imagine it right now, but there is enough functionality to accomplish pretty much any task with the right approach.

• Like 1

Q: Is every operation in Mastercam created using the C-hook (or NET-hook) interface?

A: No

Q: Change the appearance of the operation tree

Add items to the right click menu of the operation tree

A: While what Colin says is true that those 3rd party add-in present a custom interface, it's their interface, you’re not going to be altering Mastercam’s Toolpaths (Operations) Manager tree.

Q: Create a new toolpath called "create line using midpoint" (I REALLY NEED THIS!!!)

A: That sound like a “Create Geometry” function to me.

A: Add some text and images for extra information about the job and store it directly into the mcam file.

A: Text is possible, but not images. (This functionality is available using a C-Hook add-in.)

Ref: Peter is storing text in the mcam file with his add-in -> http://forum.mastercam.com/Topic16986.aspx

Additional Add-In information is available here (std. Mastercam web site log-in is required)

http://www.mastercam.com/en-us/Communities/3rd-Party-Developers

• Like 2