Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hi folks

We use Mastercam to prepare programs for components used in our V12 engine. Most of our machined parts are made from various aluminum alloys, although our crankshaft is machine from a 4340 round bar done for us by Timken.

My pet topic is tailoring output in order to reduce / eliminate shop floor editing. We use 4 Haas machines, an old Mazak and an old SNK HBM.

I did my first NC programming in 1973 (on a PDP8 .. copies of which are now on display in the Smithsonian!) using APT and my own FORTRAN routines.

I am very impressed with the usefulness of Mastercam.

Any tips on how to overcome the tendency to edit on the shop floor would be appreciated. I'm particularly interested in learning to massage a postprocessor.

Luck to each and all.