Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FANUC 16i MA - Makino Pro 3 data Server

Hi All,

On a FANUC 16i MA - Makino Pro 3 data Server there is the option to setup 3 different host computers for the data server, we can change between the selected hosts by using the soft keys on the control panel.

Does anybody know if it is possible to change between the different host computers in the program by an Mcode, a parameter change or some other means?

Hi!

I use Fanuc Program transfer Tool.

There you have choices of setting up machines, to look both in catalog of the NC or the Dataserver, depending on your setup.

You can have the program on different computers, I do not know of the licence then, but I using only 1 computer at the time on it, I have ethernet cable installation

and get a machine list and see the programs on the machine and on my computer, a little old interface, but it does the job perfect of transferring programs back and forth.

Fanuc A08B-9510-J515 is the article number on the cd rom, it is not a costly solution, ( removed price due to Forum  guidelines, sorry to have price here in first place... )

I have 2 milling machines and 1 lathe in the setup, with fixed IP adresses, and you can have different setups of the directories of each machine.

Hope this helps at all, as it does not seems possible to do what you asked in first place.

Edited by geirsj
Got aware of the forum guideline of pricing

Tried in my machine, parameter is not possible to edit by MDI, only CNC automatically, se attached image.

I guess you need an investigation  of the 8 digit number from your machine tool builder or fanuc representative to figure that out.

PRM11317.png