Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Metric Tapping

Well.... Metric (shudder) tapping....

Our UK Manufacturing shop has plans for expansion and they're looking to us for a bit of help.  They started with a HAAS EC-1600 and just recently bought a VF-8.  Now... I have a Cimquest post file for the HAAS VF-6 here in the US and I'm very well aware the UK uses metric first then imperial second.

With that being said, I've been experimenting with the generic Fanuc 3x post that the UK uses for the EC-1600... I've compared post files for tapping... seems odd the feed for the generic fanuc comes to a feed of F173.3 ( this is with G94 called ) for tapping

I tried the cimquest post and it is set to G95 and a feed of F1.75 for tapping...

As for Cimquest.... we've switched mastercam resellers and the current one I think has their own guys so... they pretty much said the control file is all that needs converted from inch to metric and it'll post as metric without editing anything in the post file.  I'm kinda skeptical but...

So with that being said... is the tapping feed rate for MM/rev correct?

-JD