Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transform - Match Existing Offsets

Brian Pallas

I never noticed until a few weeks ago on the Transform tab the "Match Existing Offsets Stored in Planes".  Overall I think it works pretty slick, I like it. 

1. Seems that it works the best if the start value for work offset is "0".  If the first actual plane being used has, and increment "1".  It kind of seemed like those fields should be greyed out if using the match offsets feature.  

2. If you change the work offset number of the plane with the planes manager, you need to regen the transform op to get the output to change.  This had me chasing my tail a little bit trying to figure out why the match offsets feature didn't appear to be working.  

Does anyone know what the variable name is for the plane comment?  

PLANE COMMENT.png

1 minute ago, Brian Pallas said:

Also, is there any way to add logic into the post that would detect that a pre existing  plane was not detected if the "match offsets" feature is being used?  It would be nice to get an alarm when you post, instead of it just doing whatever.

I'm thinking no.....

If a plane was skipped that info would never get into the nci file......so I don't think there is a then a way to check against info that doesn't exist

I set up the transforms like this...so it should pick up whatever offset number you give the existing plane

I use the by Toolplane when rotating paths

Planes2_zps2ytoojfa.png

Edited by Guest

Yeah, I think I got it working, and understand it.  

I found the code for the tool plane comment - it is 20011.  I added it into the post, but it seems I am only getting output from the plane that the original operation is using. Any ideas around that?  

And actually as I was trying some things as I was doing this post the 20010 prmcode takes the name that you give the plane without needing an additional comment, so I think I will use that.

I attached some pics showing the desired output that I hand edited and the current mastercam output, and what I added/am using.  Basically I am just trying to label which fixture position is being machined at each sub call. 594aa649bbd51_addedline02.thumb.png.e590cfed9f47f941eeff618e52aa2ad4.png

desired output.png

current output.png

added line 01.png

Aah, under the "Transform Operation Parameters" changing the "Source" from NCI to Geometry made it so: 

1. The comment for the planes updates and

2. Made it so that if I change the plane work offset under the plane manager, that the posted output reflects the change without needing to regen the transform op.  

:)

current output 01 .png

plane manager.png

trnasform param.png