Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Newbie MC user looking for advice.

Buster22

Hey guys I just x9, 

I was about to buy the beginners tutorial book but,  was seeing if there was a YouTube channel or something here to help me getting started.

My only experience with mastercam was the original one from the 90's and used it for 2d drawing and grabing geometric points.

I have been programming hurco mills and mazak lathes using their "conversational" feature and ready to ditch that :)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately,  there was other programmers here during purchase and the owner of the shop I am currently at thinks mastercam is a waste of time and programs should be done in conversational.  I will be using it during lunch breaks and such and learning on my own time trying to prove otherwise . 

Hi Buster22,

As gcode said, the reseller who sold you Mastercam is your best source of training.

However, if you want to save money and purchase your own materials you could check out our sitewide subscription: https://www.emastercam.com/store/product/1184-emastercam-sitewide-subscription/

The subscription starts at $39.99 a month and gives you access to all of our eCourses and eBooks. We have courses covering 2D Milling, 3D milling, 4&5 axis, and lathe. If you're feeling industrious you could buy 1 month, power through the X9 videos, and then just not renew your subscription at the end of the month. The eBooks are currently experiencing technical difficulties but the videos are unaffected.

17 minutes ago, DanielGingras said:

Hi Buster22,

As gcode said, the reseller who sold you Mastercam is your best source of training.

However, if you want to save money and purchase your own materials you could check out our sitewide subscription: https://www.emastercam.com/store/product/1184-emastercam-sitewide-subscription/

The subscription starts at $39.99 a month and gives you access to all of our eCourses and eBooks. We have courses covering 2D Milling, 3D milling, 4&5 axis, and lathe. If you're feeling industrious you could buy 1 month, power through the X9 videos, and then just not renew your subscription at the end of the month. The eBooks are currently experiencing technical difficulties but the videos are unaffected.

Awesome thank you!