Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NEW POST

Robert Ouellette

My boss has asked me to look into upgrading from 8.1.1 to 9.1. and the the one problem that we keep seeing is our post. We have 2 FLOW waterjet machines with lynx controls and the post we have is very old. I was wondering if there was a post that could be modified fairly easily?

Our post doesn't do anything very fancy. MI 1 is G00 x0 y0. we dont use g54 or anything like that. Here is a small sample of code

G00 X1 Y1

M07 (turns on jet)

G01 X3 F20.0

Y3

X1

Y1

M08 G04 /0.4 (turns off jet)

G00 X? Y?

Etc...

G00 X0 Y0 (if mi1 set to 1 go home if set to 0 do nothing)

%

and not by design but it works if we use a drill cycle and put a drill depth it will see the linear move on z and turn on and off the jet to pop start holes.

our post strips out all z moves.

i guess what i would like to know is if there is a post on the cd that could do that or be modified fairly easily to do that. would the post editing help cd be any good to me to to that.

TIA

Bob

If the post is old you should spend a few dollars beyond the cost of the update and get it modified. If it is really that simple of a format, it shouldn't cost that much. if you want to do it yourself I would start with MP_EZ. It's a basic Gcode format.

You should update to V9 and get on maintenance before the nest version is released or the price will go up.

Mike Mattera