Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak Warm-Up- Cycle

Hi all,

At the shop I work at we use warm up programs every day. I've been slowly rewriting them across the shop as the original programs were dumped long ago. In order to simplify the programs I've been using variables to write them.  Seeing if I could not only make the programs smaller, but also make them a little bit safer to run when a large piece of material is loaded in the machine. I recently added something in to the program that tellls the machine the max tool length that can be used to run the program and figured I would post the whole thing on here in case that someone has lost the original program or needs something different to modify.

O9999(WARM UP MAIN)
(WARM UP)

IF [#[60000+#51999]]GE[7.0]GOTO9000 (This line checks the tool length before running the program, modify the ([7.0]) line to the length desired before running.

#650=1000 (This line defines the starting spindle speed.)

#660=8000 (This line defines the max spindle speed for the machine, when it hits this number it will start over.) 
G00 G28 G91 Z0.
G28 X0. Y0.
WHILE [#650LE#660] DO1
S#650 M03
G01 X-19.69 Y-16.93 Z-5. F150.
Y16.93 Z5.
X19.69 Y-16.93 Z-5.
Y16.93 Z5.
#650=#650+500 (This line defines the increments for which the spindle speed moves up in, until reaching the max and starting over.)
END1
M99

N9000

#3000=21 (TOOL_LENGTH_CAUTION) (Custom alarm status, Write into the parenthesis desired alarm.)

Note that the machine this was wrote for could move down 13" before hitting anything, so I wrote in 7" as the max length to minus the 5" it moves down in Z plus 1" of clearance.

Also note that this program was wrote for Mazaks only, please do not attempt to run on a different brand of machine as the variable numbers will vary. 

• Like 1