Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Migration Wizard

Tim Pruett

Is it possible to migrate my "tools" and "post processors" from mcamx9 to mastercam 2019? I've been designing for the past couple of years and havn't needed to make any cnc programs and I noticed that the last couple of times I performed a migration my tools and post processors didn't migrate. I don't have x9 installed on my computer anymore but I have the files backed up onto our network. Is this possible?

Yes, use the Migration Wizard will UPDATE x9 TO 2019....

My recommendation, use the advanced option and DO NOT migrate your config file......copy your workspace file from X9 to 2019

I would also suggest creating an X9 folder structure  that mimics where machine, control defs and posts & libraries were located....placing the files to be updated in their appropriate folders...otherwise you'll have a bit of cleaning up to place them all properly

Edited by Guest

You could yes....

I keep an update folder on my desktop....inside resides the folders of versions....

I'll copy only the files I want into the correct version folder, the update to the same update folder into the correct version, then copy where they belong...

Keeps things clean and minimizes errors

Edited by Guest

Excuse my ignorance, but if I'm understanding you correctly, I could delete everything out of my "shared mcamx9" folder except the "tools" and "post processors" folder then migrate the "shared mcamx9" folder. Is this correct? Both of the shared mcamx9 and shared mcam2019 folders are in the same location, at C/users/public/public documents/