Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Update x7 post to 2018/19?

Ok now that have gotten that far, and thank you for that. Post works, maybe just the Machine def now? Something is missing. the aggregate is not carrying over, I tried to add them. (multiple angles for this job) but its not going well. In the X8 version when I go to post it asks me for a tool length or reference length. Something to that extent. I can actually now open the whole file in 2018 but when it posts it in 2018 all the X values are way off. it does not ask me for a tool reference length so not sure if that's it or not. 

Yes, the Migration Utility will let you choose which files you want to update, including MD, CD, and PST files. You definitely need to have all three updated and working together.

When you programmed with X8, how did you indicate that there was a RAH attached to the machine? Is this a 5 Axis Post, or a 3X-4X Post? Different posts use different implementations of RAH attachments. With 3X-4X, you typically use the "Get angled head" function by right-clicking in the Tool Page (white tool list area). For a 5X Post, you would typically enable the RAH option with a Misc. Integer or Real Number. The Generic Fanuc 5X Mill Post uses MR2$ and MR10$ to 'enable' the RAH (MR2 set to +-90), and MR10 is the "Spindle Axis Gage Length".

Since your Post is setup to prompt you for a tool length, it may be a custom Post or implementation.

Who setup the Post originally? Is it a purchased Post? I'm reluctant to jump in to help, until I know that I'm not stepping on someone's toes by doing so...