Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Engraving letters

Mcam Nut

I have a cad file with quite a few letters to engrave. The letters are true-type and too small to go with line center on existing geometry.  I am currently offsetting rhe geometry to create centerlines for my toolpath, but is a bit time consuming. Is there a quicker way to do this?

No not that I'm aware of, I am hopping that one day one of these geniuses around here could make a c-hook or a VB

to take any true-type font , and create a C/L geometry to run and end on...

but if you find a better way pls. let me know too.. 🙂

hth

Ron

19 minutes ago, myemail said:

Describe the tool cutting radius as the amount you want to offset and use computer comp.

I thought about that but i would have to mess around with adjusting the length of the contour on certain letters to keep everything even. probably just as easy to do what im doing

1 hour ago, myemail said:

Describe the tool cutting radius as the amount you want to offset and use computer comp.

yes if I chain the full geometry and define the tool to offset to the center line it should work, take a bit longer on the machine but not a big deal.  I have it programmed now, but next time i will try that.

• 1 month later...