Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

translate a stock for next op.- lathe

ELLIOTT

DEAR friends. I am beginner , and I am learning .Right now I am learning lathe. I have successfuly created first op.and I transfered entities for next op., but I dont know how to translate a stock displayed in grey .Does anybody can explain me that in simply language. Thank you.

Elliott.

As the lathe guy said, if you are using the same file and just want to flip the part over you can use the Stock Flip option [assuming you have V9, that is] and Mastercam flips the stock for you. If you are using 2 separate files I always save the 'finished' side one geometry into the second op file, mirror it and translate it so that it is correctly oriented and then go into Job Setup, Boundaries, Stock, Chain

This should get you where you need to go

C