SCOTTAWARNER

macros and mastercam

Yes, it does. VBScript is the available scripting tool. If you require more advanced capabilities than a script can provide, Mastercam has both a ".NET" interface (Net-hooks), and a full C++ API, if you really need access to "everything".

VBScript can create and/or manipulate geometry, and more. There is a VBScript help file that actually installs with Mastercam by default. The name escapes me offhand, but it is something like "script56.chm", or something like that...

There are some templates included if you are running mastercam X6 or X7 in a folder called vb inside the shared folder and a help file called vbscript in the help folder. I used those to get started however the files don't seem to be present in newer versions. You could check out my post on a macro i am working on under the post processor development forum on this site i managed to assign some toolpaths and drill operations automatically.