Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vertical line

Ed.G

I don't understand why I can't draw a simple negative 1.000 vertical line at the very being of my drawing. Example: Click! (Main Menu), (Create), (Line), (Vertical), (Origin)start point, I then have to drag the line down and (enter the X coordinate) so I type in (.0). I already told Mastercam that X was at the Origin, why doesn't it say (enter the Y coordinate) instead?

Ed

I don't know what else could be wrong. I've ran into that problem and I can't think of what else it could be. I'll have to think about it some more. I'm at home right now and don't have MC in front of me. Maybe someone else can help you out but I'm stuck on that and it bothers me that I can't help you more because it seems like an easy problem to fix. Sorry. If I think of something I'll let you know.

Not much help sorry

Joey

Ed,

Ok it's sorted now, but it doesn't stop a guy from thinking! headscratch.gif Give this a go, to draw from the Origin.

1) Create, Line Vertical.

2) Type letter O for Origin,

3) Type "Y-1" (no quotes of course) and press Enter for the second point.

It will then ask if you want to move the completed line in the X axis - just press Enter.

That's it - I didn't touch the mouse at all.

I understand why you would expect it only to be waiting for a Y coordinate for your second point. It has behaved like this since before I started using Mcam (6 years ago) but as you can see (if it works for you) there is no need to type a X value for the second point. Maybe Mcam X will do things differently.

Regards,

Rich.

When I tried creating my first line. I did the following mouse clicks: (Create,line,vertical,origin) and a message at the promp-line was "Create line,vertical:specify second endpoint". I believed that the Y axis could only be a vertical line in a 2D drawing; so I thought an input window would open asking for the Y distance.

Since I already selected my first point by clicking on "origin", I expected to see a promp-line with this message "Enter Y". and from there I would type my length.

I am new to Mastercam and learning new things everyday. I appreciate everyones help, thanks again.

Ed