Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

manual programming question

cherokeechief79

im teaching some students how to manually program a multiflute threadmill.

I want the threadmill to feed down to the bottom of the hole ,go out to the size with comp and then do one counterclockwise circle with a z height equal to the pitch.

the pitch was 12 tpi so we went down -.5 and then did a helix up to -.4166 which worked but we shouldn't have to calculate the difference between the two.

I thought incremental would do it but the machine alarmed out and did not like this at all...….G91 G03 X0 Y0 Z.08333 J-1.

if I just use G91 G03 J-1. Z.08333 it runs fine.

I always thought I had to command an endpoint for the g03.

with a GO2 or GO3 and a circle center programmed will it always make an arc automatically right back to where it started?

Some Fanuc Controls will allow you to program a Full-Arc move, by just entering the "center point", and not specifying an XY Position. With some controls, the maximum you can program is a 180 degree Arc, which would be two separate G03 or G02 lines, each with a 1/2 pitch move. In the case of 2, 180 degree arcs, you would command the "endpoint" (XY) for each move. (because the endpoints are different.)

For a 360 degree arc, you only specify the Center Point. (I and/or J moves, depending on modality.)