Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Default color of created surfaces

jmblack

I cannnot find a way to change the default color of surfaces that I create or import. The default color is unchangeable. I cannot find a setting anywhere and there is no combination of keystrokes that will allow me to change the color, (i.e. select all surfaces, or all entities). The color does not even show up as a selectable color (the color is the basic blue). This occurs when ever I create a new surface or when I import a drawing that has surfaces on it.

I am using SP2...Does anyone know how to fix this?

How about trying settings >> configuration >> cad settings >> click on the entity attribute manager go into setting and try to set it there. Make sure surfaces are not locked ontot a certain color.

HTH

Welcome to the Forum cheers.gif

You can set your defualy colors under attirbutes. Select your surface and right click attributes and you can change it there. You can aslo use the EA manager to set-up default attributes on entities when they are created or imported.

Make sure the ones you are having a problem with are not a part of group. If they are you will have to go under the group manager and delete the group from there before you will be able to set the colors.

edit:

What John said will also work. Many many ways to skin that kitty. I better start typing a little faster.

--------

"Make sure the ones you are having a problem with are not a part of group. If they are you will have to go under the group manager and delete the group from there before you will be able to set the colors.

---------

...You don't have to delete the group, just flip the config switch in Configuration/Colors to say "Use Entity colors" rather than "Use group colors"

Also note that any wireframe or surface geometry will be light blue while it's being created - that's called the 'live color'. Once the surface is created and you exit that creation function or go on to another function, it'll become the color its supposed to be.

Thanks for the help and quick response, as well as the welcome to the forums. I do not have the surfaces locked to any color, that feature of the attributes manager is not active. I checked the attributes of the surface by selecting it and then right clicking the attributes, but is shows up there as being my default graphics color, which is what I want it to be. I even tried changing it there but to no avail...

If you right click on the attributes manager it will show up as you defualt color, that dialogue is used for changing. Change the color there on the color selection icon and see if it changes your entity. If you analyze the surface what does it say the color is?

If these things don't work post the file on the ftp and give the link here and I or someone will look at it and see what we see.

After doing all of the above (thanks for the help but none of it worked), I went through the configuration settings between my laptop and my desktop, (a pain to do with only one SIMM), and found that the only real difference was in the "shading" section. My desktop, where I was having the problem, had "select color" defaulted as opposed to "entity color". Once I changed that everything works the way it is supposed to. The model immediately showed up with all the various colors that I had tried to change it to before, quite funny looking but I was easily able to change it.

I appreciate the wealth of information here and I thank everyone that tried to help...Unfortunately, I will probably be back