Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mach sim question regarding rotary index moves

jlw™

Gentlemen,

I have a minor mach sim issue. When we bought our post we did not buy sim files because I have stls from mazak and could build mach sim myself. Long story short, I have the .xml file built and all geometry, motion and limits are correct. Simulation looks good too with one exception. At every rotary index (5 sided machining) sim shows my tools bogus gouging the part because it won't "go home" for indexes.

Is there a way to tell mach sim to show all rotary indexes at home or to specify a retract?

My reseller suggested adding in huge retracts but I don't want to add that motion to the final program.

Sorry, I can't share files because they're from mazak.

I saw several sim videos on YouTube that show it at home and even show tool change doors open/close.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have the same issue on 3 + 1. Drilling is fine, but milling is a no go. The tool starts off in the last space from the previous operation, rather than rotating and starting from the retract point. At least that's what it looks like to me. I have seen a video of x9 and it has a way to link rotary operations to avoid these fake collisions. It would be great if I was just doing something wrong, I really could use machine sim. Mainly because the powers at be refuse to get on the x9 train.