Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Post Processor Manual

johnl

Actually the old post manual (97) starts out with the basics and walks you through it.

In my experience, a good manual helps, but editing post is a lot of OJT.

The key is knowing what code you want, and the variable that carries that word.

All posts, in every system I've seen, have their nuances. Mastercam is the best I've ever worked with, but there is no royal road.

• 1 month later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Technically, today is the first or second day of summer and since ProductDevelopmetGuy said:

quote:

The V8 Post manual is under review within the Post Department, and the Technical Documentation team says it will be available sometime this summer.

PDG

It's still a bit premature to speculate.

------------------

James M. ;)

The new post manual is being passed out to the dealers for review at their meeting this week. It is in .PDF format (with hotlinks) on CD only at this point as it is about 1000 pages printed. Don't know the when or how (or how much) for getting it from your dealer yet though.

The latest post book was dated Sept. 1997 & was for version 6. That plus the info from mp.hlp from version 8 (or mp.doc from v7.X) will tell you (almost) everything you need to know. - There are a couple of features that were explained in EARLY version .vec files, that appear in the book without any useful information.

The old 97 book will get you started, but there has been a huge amount of development since. It is missing many post variables.

Go to explore and click on the file c:mcam8chooksmp.hlp This is the current help file.

The new post manual is the key. Personally, I'd almost rather have this one on disk and pdf because it changes very frequently. Should also make looking up words easier.