Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

optimec laser deposition machine

cherokeechief79

35 minutes ago, cherokeechief79 said:

anyone running one of these?ive got to help out another department here that has one.they have a mastercam seat with a post for this machine.

right now they are programming everything by hand.

its a 5 axis machine but i just want to do some simple things in 2d to get familiar with it.

Sorry, but maybe some ideas to help. How are the power settings controlled for the amount of material being deposited? I have done Additive processes before and I would just draw the shape and use the contour toolpath to build up the shape if normal. If you have to do it like SLA or SLA to fill in the look to a pocket toolpath. Does the machine like ZIG-ZAG motion or will a start from the center of the layer and work out work? Do you have to be aware of heat build up and take that into account as the part gets hotter?  I have also done Beam welding processes before where we added material to joints and that was different where I would use curve 5 Axis and the surface of the part I was laser beam welding to drive the machine. Does the manufacture have an AE staff you can reach out to get some guidance on the best way to approach it?

Are you looking to add to an existing shape to just start on base plate and build up from there?