Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tilted workshift in Mitsubishi MD PRO III EDM machine?

Does anyone here have contact info for a Mitsubishi application person who is knowledgeable and will respond to an application question or who I can call or talk to on the phone?

I have Mitsubishi MD PRO III EDM experience and know how to touch an upper and lower bore aperture in a pickup tool with the wire and teach an almost non-existent  (.006-.008" Over 6") compound tilt skew to a work coordinate based on the axis created by the two centerpoints, then use that tilted coordinate to teach the center of the bore to that work coordinate? Is there any documentation or a program example available? I tried to contact MC Machinery but wasn't successful in getting my ticket responded to. I called local dealer Concept Tool but they are not allowed to support MC machines. We bought Mastercam Wire EDM and some training, but this application problem is an obstacle to getting to training.

I was thinking potentially we could program the machine to thread, pickup the bore and teach that to the coordinate, pickup the center of the upper and lower bores and use those two points to teach the tilt, then use the tilt to teach the center of the coordinate.  It's theoretically possible, I just don't know how to do it, or if it is possible in the control of a Mitsubishi MD PRO III.  

We have Mastercam wire for the EDM but haven't started training because we don't know how to reach anyone at MC Machinery or any SE Wisconsin AE's or consultants to surmount this first settup obstacle.