Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool nose radius on controller

Mcam Nut

Is it possible to change the tool nose radius on the controller if the operator wants to use a different insert from what I programmed, or does that have to be done in mastercam?  our machines are Mazaks.   

I guess i forgot to say it is for a quick turn lathe, and an integrex

Depends on how you make your programs. If you program everything with control then they just have to change the insert radius on the tool offset page and done. Cannot do with with Computer or Wear. If you are looking to give them that ability then will have to post everything out with Control. Old school way we use to program at the machine. We want to cut up to a 1" should the code for using all 3 process would be Z-1.0, but where the difference comes in is when we are cutting radii or angled features. With Computer and Wear the code is adjusted for the tool radius size with control the exact size of the features is programmed. Then you can change from .001R to .5R and run your program as long as the .5 will fit in the feature you are cutting. If it will not then you will get an alarm on the machine Cutter Comp not allowed.

ok so if I use control, it wont matter what the tool rad is that I programmed with, it will use the tool data radius on the controller?  Thanks Ron, that should simplify things for sure, now I just have to go back thru all my programs, haha