Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mcam 22 System Config \ Current Config file ?

Dontech

Good morning, all.

Long story shorter, our version upgrades are all done by a fellow upstairs that company ownership thinks is capable for some reason, and unfortunately he is always in over his head and messes something up every time we change versions. Took much longer than it should have, but finally got a whole host of Def files and the Quick Access toolbar, too, which I saved as my own Config. Came in this morning to find that Mcam doesn't load my saved config file; instead, it defaults to some basic standard file. When I go to File\Configuration\Current and look at the file in the Current: window it's the standard default. When I hit the drop down I can see the config file that I created in the list but when I select it and green check nothing happens. 

What am I missing or doing wrong ?

Well I know there's going to be better people to answer this than me but did you try browsing for the file again just to make sure it's seeing the network path?

image.thumb.png.8aca94392b899d4835efabcee75d3dc0.png

And by chance do you have your config setup to be the one to open on the start up page?

image.thumb.png.c5b2983cae6c83883a275767d677fbf8.png

• Like 1

Now I know something I've run into before on a network system with a bigger company is if when I go to log on to the network I am unable to connect to all of the network drives for whatever reason. Usually with a larger company you are given a personal drive space somewhere on the network. That's where I will create a network config folder and allows me to find my config from any pc I log into. however for some reason at times the pc's will not connect to all the drives and I am unable to hit my personal network folder. I usually have to re log into the system sometimes 2-3 times and verify in windows explorer that I actually can see that drive folder. When this happens I get the same situation as what you are running into. Nice part is I've got my color scheme changed from the default and I know right away if it's not my config.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Brad St. said:

Now I know something I've run into before on a network system with a bigger company is if when I go to log on to the network I am unable to connect to all of the network drives for whatever reason. Usually with a larger company you are given a personal drive space somewhere on the network. That's where I will create a network config folder and allows me to find my config from any pc I log into. however for some reason at times the pc's will not connect to all the drives and I am unable to hit my personal network folder. I usually have to re log into the system sometimes 2-3 times and verify in windows explorer that I actually can see that drive folder. When this happens I get the same situation as what you are running into. Nice part is I've got my color scheme changed from the default and I know right away if it's not my config.

Yeah, me too.

Thank you for the server issue info. I guess I'll look into that next.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Good morning, all. Apologies for reviving this thread but it just happened again. My PC just forced a Windows update on me and after it restarted I found that my config is lost again. This is really infuriating as it takes forever to rebuild it the way I want it. Basically, my ribbon is gone as are all of my color configurations, etc. The first pic below (51) is how it usually looks while the second pic (3) is the default appearance that it loads upon startup now. Once again I have checked the two settings listed above from my last run in with this issue but again, no dice. Is there anything that can be done to return my Mcam to how it's supposed to be? 

Screenshot (51).png

Screenshot (3).png

Like I said in another thread, once you get your configuration how you like it, save the entire CONFIG folder somewhere safe. 2023 kept biting me the way you are getting bit, so after the 2nd time, I learned my lesson, and did what I said. I'm in 2024 now, and the first thing I did was save my CONFIG folder just in case it wants to do the same.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, sharles said:

Like I said in another thread, once you get your configuration how you like it, save the entire CONFIG folder somewhere safe. 2023 kept biting me the way you are getting bit, so after the 2nd time, I learned my lesson, and did what I said. I'm in 2024 now, and the first thing I did was save my CONFIG folder just in case it wants to do the same.

Thank you for the reply. 

Yeah, I did that. Saved the working copy in my C drive with a shortcut to it on my desktop, not our server. Just had our IT dept down here looking into this and it seems that this latest Window update either corrupted my C drive config save forcing Mastercam to go looking for the default out of the box config file, or Mastercam somehow overwrote it. Not sure how that all works but when Mcam starts up it does appear to be opening my original personal config but when it launches only the default appearance loads. They're stumped so they are going to try loading a recovery file from our server backup. I'm not confident that'll work, tbh. 

• Like 1