Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Efficient use of the standalone tool manager with multiple machines

ThisGuy

Hi,

So the problem I run into with the Tool Manager is having several machines with different holders, CAT40, BT40, HSK-A 63.

The situation as it is now is 4 different tool databases, one for every machine and one just for the tools. I drag the tool from the general tool database to the machine specific database.

This way I only have to make one database where I insert all feeds and speeds and can use this to make assemblies with the right holders for the right machines. This is not ideal since I usually have several tool manager windows open, if I drag a tool from one database to another it gets a new tool number, a change in feeds and speeds or a supplier tool codes needs to be changed in 4 places, and mostly It's just a bit messy.

Does anyone know if there is a possibility to add several machines and/or holder tabs in one tool database. So that I would have several tabs in the Database explorer instead of multiple tool databases?

Picture for explanation.

Thanks,

tdb.png

Best Practice is make the Tool holders the tool Library for a machine and copy the tools into the holder libraries. Doing it the other way is a nightmare. You can have more than one Tool Manager open, but no you cannot have more than one Tool database open in one session of the Stand Alone Tool Manager. This follows a lot of Windows Programs. SpaceClaim one of few Software I can think of that allow different CAD files to be opened at one time in a single session. Mastercam, NCSIMUL, CAMPLETE, Vericut and many others only allow one file per session to be open and active and Tool Manager followed that process with its creation.

• Like 2