Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Notebook - Looking for graphics advice

OK, i know this gets asked all of the time. But the experts are here so i have to ask those who know what's what.

It is about time to retire my Notebook, (Darn X key is all wore out)looking at Dells, they have a Workstation model with these two graphics cards as options.

NVIDIA® Quadro FX Go700™ 4XAGP graphics w/128MB DDR Video Mem

NVIDIA® Quadro FX Go1000™ graphics w/128MB DDR Video Mem

I'm not a game player, i am looking for a card that can handle Direct-X and OpenGL for testing purposes.

Is the Go1000 at $250 more worth it?

Any suggestions?

Thanks as always...

I'll stand by my opinion that noteboko video chipsets are horrible compared to their desktop counterparts. nVIDIA and ATI's chipsets are getting better with DirectX and OpenGL support but that's pretty much all they do...support. Accelerate...that's another story rolleyes.gif

But when it comes down to nuts 'n' bolts, the main difference between the QuadroFX Go1000 and Go700 is the frequency at which the GPU and video memeory are running at. There probably isn't an immediately noticable difference between the two, so you likely wouldn't be missing anything if you went with the Go700. Should nVIDIA release a QuadroFX Go 2000, then there may be a larger difference.

From this comparisson, you can see that the ProE scores are similar but there's a bit bigger of a gap with the UG and 3D Studio Max scores. When can we expect a Mastercam score? wink.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...something better than the ATI card...

Perhaps a hammer and chisel might do the trick???

biggrin.giftongue.gif

I'm digging my NVidia on my desktop and I would imagine that the proverbial apple does not fall too far from the tree. wink.gif

Awful

Terrible

Images

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...something better than the ATI card...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps a hammer and chisel might do the trick???

Adding my smart mouth post of the day,

Here is a question with respect to notebooks, what is the fastest refresh rate that one can achieve twisting knobs on an Etch-A-Sketch?