Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Example program with chinese characters

Simon Kausch

12 minutes ago, Simon Kausch said:

The machine has a Heidenhain control, which also uses the .h extension.

Ah yes.  Ask them for a plain text version of the file.  Quick googling didn't find any way to convert it.

"Only when it's saved on other local hard drive - necessarily not in TNC:\ path then you should open it without any problems.
Oherwise the file is saved in a HEIDENHAIN - binary format."

11 hours ago, Simon Kausch said:

it's not mastercam specific but for our new machine from Taiwan, we received an example program to create a post before the machine arrives.

After opening in Notepad++ I realized it's all encoded in chinese. Is there a solution to convert this?

I have attached on of the files.

Thanks in advance for your help!

A02-EM8-HOLE10.H 5.7 kB · 7 downloads

I believe that is encrypted to only open on the control. You will need to open it on the control then see if you can convert to plain text to save it out. They have a PC Control emulator that might do what you want, but I have not loaded that on my system in over 20 years. It is like Siemens SINUTRAIN, but I believe you need the Heidenhain control parameter. On Siemens they are ARC files.