Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Check Rotary settings - Haas ST30Y

Hello

I have a problem post processing operation 6 of this program. Mastercam 2022

It throws an error.

I want to machine on a haas st30Y lathe with a 90º live tool.

Can someone guide me or explain the problem?

Best regards

Attach a zip2go, I have removed my license information so that it does not circulate on the internet, I will talk to Colin over the weekend, thanks

Captura.JPG

DESBASTE-TORNO-50.rar

Try selecting a different rotation type in the Rotary Axis Control

I looks like this post is set to error when "No Rotation" is selected.

I would also recommend reaching out to to your reseller and getting a custom post made. Our IKE Lathe posts will generate code with your part as programmed, along with many other advantages built into it.

Untitled.png

• Like 1
On 7/15/2022 at 7:28 PM, Alex Dales said:

Try selecting a different rotation type in the Rotary Axis Control

I looks like this post is set to error when "No Rotation" is selected.

I would also recommend reaching out to to your reseller and getting a custom post made. Our IKE Lathe posts will generate code with your part as programmed, along with many other advantages built into it.

Untitled.png

Thank you!! I see that with MPLMASTER it does post-process it, although the code is somewhat more generic. 
I would like to know why the haas generic does not post-process in non-rotation mode, neither in Y axis nor in C axis.
Is it possible to add part of the MPLMASTER code to the HAAS postprocessor?
21 hours ago, ikertx0 said:
Thank you!! I see that with MPLMASTER it does post-process it, although the code is somewhat more generic. 
I would like to know why the haas generic does not post-process in non-rotation mode, neither in Y axis nor in C axis.
Is it possible to add part of the MPLMASTER code to the HAAS postprocessor?

Yes, it is certainly possible to add functionality from one Post, to another. You do need to know the architecture of the Post, as you generally can't just "copy and paste" Post Block Sections, because you need to know if there are variables which are shared across the original post and new "code sections" you're adding. Also, variables must be initialized and/or formatted, so there are often additional sections which must be copied, to support either Post Blocks, or sections of code being added to existing blocks.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 2:06 PM, Colin Gilchrist said:

Yes, it is certainly possible to add functionality from one Post, to another. You do need to know the architecture of the Post, as you generally can't just "copy and paste" Post Block Sections, because you need to know if there are variables which are shared across the original post and new "code sections" you're adding. Also, variables must be initialized and/or formatted, so there are often additional sections which must be copied, to support either Post Blocks, or sections of code being added to existing blocks.

Thanks Colin! So maybe it's easier to adapt MPLMASTER to work on haas st30y right?