Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Deckel-Maho  HeadTable 5-axis tnc530 Tool Lenght Problem

Hello

I am working on a Table Head (XYZ Head=B  Table C) 5axis (DMG - Deckel) VMC Machine. (The picture is attached.
The Machine's forth Axis is C and Fifth Axis is B.
I use one Fixed Tool and Define it by "Tool CALL 0 Z S700"
But in 5 Axis operations. The Tool position is in wrong  place.

My questions:
Can I use Zero tool lenght, for this type of machine? 

If yes, I'll need Define it in "HMI Tool Manager"  or   by "Tool Def " in PostProcessor?
Thanks

2Capture.PNG

0_DeckelMaho_VmcHTBC.png

Hi David

I manually place a Mill-Tool with a tool length of 150mm.

And I entered the value of 150mm in HMI-ToolManager.

Also I am enter The "Tool CALL 0" in G-Codes.
But when running the program, only the Z-Axis changes.
If I change the tool length to 0, Just Z axis move down  150mm.
!
But my main question is: on this type of machines(HT , BC), should the tool height be determined by the HMI or Block of "Tool Def", or not?

Because in my previous machine, which was a (TT , CA), I did not need to enter the height of the Tool for Single-Tool machining. And I just entered the "Tool Call 0" without tool length, And did working fine.

Tool Length has to be accounted for somewhere. The CAM with the correctly configured post could care less, but for holder avoidance and to use CAM to is true capabilities then taking the time to define all of that there will be the correct process. You never mentioned the control is it a Heidenhain or Siemens?

2 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Tool Length has to be accounted for somewhere. The CAM with the correctly configured post could care less, but for holder avoidance and to use CAM to is true capabilities then taking the time to define all of that there will be the correct process. You never mentioned the control is it a Heidenhain or Siemens?

Hi man

Yes you are right.

My controller is a Heidenhain TNC530.

My operation is shown very well in the car simulation. I builded miy machine in Mastercam MachineSim to check better.

Although, I worked with an OSAI PADE 5 Axis Head/Head for several years.

For that machine, I would definitely enter the tool length in the G-code, because of RTCP..

But in table/table Vertical CNC machine, Just face the tool tip on the reference part face, for each tool

Thanks

4 hours ago, amir_cnc said:

Hi man

Yes you are right.

My controller is a Heidenhain TNC530.

My operation is shown very well in the car simulation. I builded miy machine in Mastercam MachineSim to check better.

Although, I worked with an OSAI PADE 5 Axis Head/Head for several years.

For that machine, I would definitely enter the tool length in the G-code, because of RTCP..

But in table/table Vertical CNC machine, Just face the tool tip on the reference part face, for each tool

Thanks

We are saying the same thing just different ways.

• Like 1