Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transform Rotate Function

rinzler

Hi All,

I made an oopsie and lost some of my settings on X5, but basically before this mistake I was able to rotate a toolpath and when I had the "Force Tool Change" box checked, it would only force the tool change at the first operation, not the subsequent rotate operations. 

For example, I'm milling 2 different sized pockets, and then rotating that toolpath around the center about 5 times. Instead of manually selecting the other 10 sets of lines and surfaces, I just use the rotate function except now for some reason, it's forcing a tool change at the other 5 operations in the rotate toolpath, whereas it wouldn't do that before. This adds unnecessary stops. I'd like to keep the force tool change checked at the beginning of the operation, as it allows the operator a chance to check everything out before moving on with the program. 

I can't seem to find where I messed up to change this. Would this be something in the post processor or the Mastercam settings?