Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT- Machining Copper Tungsten

Gorn

CW 80 or CuW 20/80. I have to mill a pocket and because of the design the largest end mill I can get into the pocket is a 1/8". Customer requires a 32 finish for the floor of the pocket. Can I get that kind of finsih from the end of a endmill? Would it require some hand work to smooth it out abit? Its in the quoting phase and its the old catch 22 if I quote it without the handwork and it needs it i lose my *&% and if I quote it with the hand work and it does not need it I never see the job.

Gorn,

I do not know the answer to you question. But I have been in that kind of situation to many times. What I would do, would give the customer a call and tell them the truth. the reason for giving him a call is to be honest and fair, how can he argue that you dont want to loose money, but in the other hand you dont want to over prize. Give him the 2 prices, and see where you are at the end.

Lars