Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC 2023 Lathe C-Axis Face Contour Verify issue

Hi all

I am having some difficulty with C-Axis face contour toolpath. Operation 5 in the attached Mastercam file. When I back plot the toolpath I get sharp corners, however when I verify the toolpath it puts a chamfer on them. Maybe it’s a setting I am missing but I can’t locate it. Any help is greatly appreciated

Also, in verify why does the tool approach from the Z direction. This should be showing from the X direction. I know that the post will update the code to accommodate for it. It is a bit misleading. Is there a way to change this?

Regards

David

Ex 04 Lathe C axis.emcam

On 12/7/2022 at 6:31 AM, David123 said:

When I back plot the toolpath I get sharp corners, however when I verify the toolpath it puts a chamfer on them. Maybe it’s a setting I am missing but I can’t locate it. Any help is greatly appreciated

Your backplot is showing arcs moves on the corners and your verify result is showing sharp corners. To make the Backplot have sharp corners in Cut Parameters set "Roll cutter around corners" to "None". Typically you want it to roll around the corners. It is best to add chamfers or rads to your geometry to have the machine break the sharp corners instead of doing them by hand after the fact. 

The verify always shows the tool in that orientation.